Sunday 14 October 2012

Halloween Looks: 1 - Leopard Eye

Halloween is fast approaching and no matter what your age, it's always an excuse to dress up and be a bit crazy. Last year I went trick or treating. This year I have a party to go to. So in preparation, I'm going to be trying and testing a couple of looks and tutorials from YouTube and showing you a few of my previous outfits too.
 
When I saw this tutorial, I instantly thought it'd be perfect for Halloween. You could easily go as Catwoman with this look or just generally a cat (or a leopard if you're being spontaneous). It'd also come in really handy for a fancy dress party of any kind. I personally walked around a lake and went shopping like this yesterday, but I pulled a few funny glances so I don't think I'll be doing that again.
 
So here's the tutorial I used:
 
 
And here's my attempt at it:


 
I did change from the tutorial a little and just used the solid gold colour from my MUA Poptastic Palette I reviewed earlier on this month. I also didn't apply false lashes and used your average liquid liner instead of a pen (mainly because my pen ran out not long since). If you do have a liner pen though, I recommend using that instead because it's so much easier to get precised spots and the smaller spots will be more possible too. I don't know about you, but I prefer the flick on the liner to create a cat eye, because duh... leopards are cats. A steady hand is needed too.
 
I genuinely really like this look though. I think you could easily get away with this out to a nightclub or to a concert and it'd go perfect with any leopard print item of clothing. I'm thinking tight clothes in either vinyl, PVC, leather or leather-look for a perfect Catwoman. It's a big thumbs up for Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment