Tuesday 2 October 2012

Favourite Eyeshadow: MUA Cosmetics - Poptastic Palette

For years, I've been trying and testing different styles, colours and combinations of eye make-up, learning from tutorials off YouTube and improvising my own styles. I'll admit, I've been through some hideous stages of massively thick eyeliner, pitch black eyeshadow and Egyptian looking cat-eyes.
 
But recently, I found this new eyeshadow palette by MUA Cosmetics and I have literally been in love with it ever since. It's called the Poptastic Palette and the colours are extremely high pigment and don't fade or smudge during the day. The best feature about this though is unlike many other high pigment eyeshadows, you get all these colours for just £4! How can you possibly go wrong?
 
 
 
 
These looks are a mix between some of the blue colours in the palette. My word of advice would be to use one lighter colour from the inner corner to the centre of your eyelid, a darker colour from the center to the outer corner and blend. Also, blend a black eyeshadow into the crease of your eyelid to create the smoky effect and line the eye. These colours really do make your eyes pop! I've been told the blues make me look like a mermaid, and that everybody I know loves the bright colours. Just to throw it in there, bright blue eyeshadow has been a big look on the catwalks and is perfect for Winter.
 
 
The look on the right is a mix between the pinks and purples in the palette. A lot of people tell you not to wear full-on eyes with a bright lipstick, but if you're going out and want to make an impact, I think as long as your eyes and lips don't clash, then go for it!
For a lighter look, you could use one of the colours from the Poptastic Palette and a lighter eyeshadow you may already have to create a more subtle look like mine on the left. It's also very helpful for creating looks that match your clothing, and nothing compliments your outfit more than matching make-up!
 
 
 
There is nothing better than a splash of brightly coloured eyeshadow and you can experiment with colours like this to create something unique and beautiful. Just an extra tip: if you buy the MUA Costmetics Eyeshadow Prima for about £2, then your colours will be bolder and last longer. You'll dazzle everyone and your eyes will pop. For just £4, what have you got to lose?
 
My Price: £4
My Shop: Superdrug

No comments:

Post a Comment