Tuesday 15 January 2013

Autumn Inspired Bra


 





I created a bra with a second year student, inspired by the Autumn. We used printed photos of autumn leaves, real leaves I collected and artificial berries to create an Autumn effect, although I think the larger, entrapped leaves ruined the effect of the berries sewn onto the straps as they covered them too much. I wouldn't apply them if I did it again.



 






 We took the bras outside for a photoshoot and promotional images. I really wanted to incorporate the Autumn theme by dangling the bra in trees and bushes.








 I editted the photo, trying to remove as many man-made objects from the picture. I wanted to enhance the colours of Autumn too, which actually led to the photo looking quite vintage.






 







When I saw this tree, I instantly thought of legs. I wanted this image to look as if it were some sort of forest body. I think the leaves all around on the ground just add to the effect.













However, I thought the bra didn't really stand out, and I was trying to promote my bra. This is definitely my favourite photo, with much more Autumn colours and the actual bra's colour has been boosted to enhance it and make it more noticeable against the leafy backdrop. I also blurred the image apart from the bra to make it stand out better also. Although this doesn't show any close- up detail on my bra, I think it shows the inspiration and image I was going for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment